To carry out a perimeter survey using a Total Station, follow these steps:
- Set up the Total Station on a stable and level surface, and orient it towards the area that you want to survey.
- Use the Total Station’s keyboard or remote control to input the coordinates of the survey area, as well as any other relevant settings such as the unit of measurement.
- Aim the Total Station’s telescope at a prominent point within the survey area, such as a corner of a building or a marked survey point.
- Use the Total Station’s keyboard or remote control to enter the coordinates of the point that you are aiming at.
- Move the Total Station to the next point that you want to survey, and repeat the process of aiming and inputting coordinates. Continue this process until you have surveyed all points along the perimeter of the area.
Note: These steps are a general guide and may vary depending on the specific model and brand of Total Station you are using. It’s always a good idea to consult the manufacturer’s documentation for more detailed instructions.